GOOD SHEPHERD CENTER
SERVING GREENVILLE / NORTHERN MERCER COUNTY
AMOUNT DONATED: $2,776
The Good Shepherd Center is a multi denominational ministry established in 1991 to be of service to the economically challenged of the greater Greenville community. The Center shows concern for all individuals who enter our doors regardless of creed, race, nationality or lifestyle. The Good Shepherd Center became a reality out of the commitment of 12 area churches and has grown to 24 Board Member Congregations today.
Giving Week Progress:
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $5,000
Programs Supported by Your Donations
• The Food Pantry continues to distribute food and home essentials to over 340 households in need.
• Holiday Food Boxes and a special “Summer Food Picnic Giveaway” provide our clients not only an extra source of food but also some extra items to help them celebrate with their families.
• Our Thrift Store is now open 5 days a week to serve the local community and also to help raise funds for our other programs.
• The Hot Meal Program continues to provide meals to be picked to ensure a hot meal for all who need one. Dine-in Meals will resume as soon as it is safe to do so.
• July and August will focus on the collection and giveaway of School Supplies for our students.
• Cooking Classes will resume as soon as it is safe to do so.
• Local residents can sign up at Good Shepherd Center for the rent and utility assistance programs currently being overseen by the Mercer County Housing Authority.
Needs that Cannot beMet without Your Help
We are currently in need of a new cooler to store the additional food needed to provide frozen and refrigerated food items to our clients.