SERVING THE SHENANGO VALLEY, GREENVILLE/NORTHERN MERCER COUNTY, AND GROVE CITY
AMOUNT DONATED: $1,800
Joshua's Haven is dedicated to changing lives and giving hope to the hopeless. We accomplish this by "Feeding the hungry, Sheltering the homeless and Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ." We aim to provide a safe, clean environment to provide a meal, a shower, a bed to all who need it. Our Community Free Clinic is open to provide medical services to anyone who is uninsured.
While the match program for Giving Week is over, the need doesn't end! Please feel to make a gift at any time.
Giving Week Progress:
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $5,000
Programs Supported by Your Donations
1. Crossroads Program--offers emergency and temporary shelter to men who are homeless, with breakfast and dinner, shower and laundry services and bed in clean, safe environment.
2. Exodus Back to Work Program--offer job search supportive services for job search, interview and preparation needed to secure and maintain a job, and saving income to secure independent housing.
3. Feeding Programs--Daily evening meal at 5:30pm to anyone in community who is hungry. Weekend Program--bread and food give away to anyone who is in need every Saturday 12:00 to 2:00pm
4. Family Shelter Program--Women and children who are homeless are placed in local hotels to provide a safe place of housing while working with them to secure permanent housing.
5. Community Free Clinic--free medical services to see a physician for anyone in community who is uninsured with supportive services of pharmacy and medications also provided.
Needs that Cannot beMet without Your Help
We have been fully functional during this COVID pandemic. We had to restrict the number of men we could admit with screening and following all CDC guidelines. Challenges came when all volunteers left, all workers with Senior employment program left, and two Staff left due to sheltering in place. We had to operate on a skeleton crew and when we tried to rehire new staff...everything was on lockdown. We didn't have the financial support to hire new staff for everyone that we needed. Even now we are trying to recover, still one person short.