SERVING THE SHENANGO VALLEY, GREENVILLE/NORTHERN MERCER COUNTY, GROVE CITY, WARREN (OH) / SOUTHERN TRUMBULL COUNTY, AND NORTHERN TRUMBULL COUNTY
AMOUNT DONATED: $9,446
Joshua's Haven City Rescue Mission serves to "feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, share the Gospel of Jesus Christ" Our men's shelter offers a bed, warm environment, clothes and meal to homeless men on site and homeless families temporary shelter in local hotels. Our Free Medical Clinic "extends the healing ministry of Jesus to all uninsured by providing medical care to those in need." All services are offered free of charge, 365 days a year.
Giving Week Progress:
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $3,000
Programs Supported by Your Donations
1. Crossroads Shelter Program-provides emergency and temporary shelter to men who are homeless for a variety of reasons.
2. Exodus Back to Work Program--men on site who are in need of a job; We offer job search support and working on site in various work projects to develop job skills that would make them more marketable.
3. Advantage Stay Program-for residents of Joshua's Haven who have an income through social security, pension, employment we offer case management support and accountability to save a minimum of 50% that would encourage them to seek independent housing and lifestyle.
4. JH Free Community Clinic--Every Tuesday from 1-5pm, Joshua's Haven residents are seen by appointment with the physician for screening and medical concerns serving those who are uninsured in our local community--in Mercer county as well as Trumbull and Mahoning counties.
5. Weekend Feeding Program-Those families or households who are in need of supplemental food are welcome to receive every weekend as food is distributed. Working with Community Food Warehouse and other local sources, we distribute Food boxes to those in need.
6. Family Care Program-for women and children in need of emergency/ temporary housing, case management and placement in local hotels offers temporary shelter, food and safety.
Needs that Cannot beMet without Your Help
Staffing is our greatest challenge in the midst of this Covid crisis. Many volunteers left and have not returned. Interviewing new candidates for employment requires increasing hourly wage and finding qualified candidates. With your support we will continue to work on seeking new hires.