OTTER CREEK FARM SANCTUARY, INC.
SERVING THE SHENANGO VALLEY, LAWRENCE COUNTY, GREENVILLE / NORTHERN MERCER COUNTY, GROVE CITY, WARREN (OH) / SOUTHERN TRUMBULL COUNTY, AND NORTHERN TRUMBULL COUNTY
AMOUNT DONATED: $250
We are a 501c3 non-profit organization committed to providing sanctuary to farm animals. We believe in a plant-based diet and encourage others to explore the benefits of vegetarianism and veganism. The public is invited to visit the Sanctuary and experience the peaceful environment while meeting the animals who have captured our hearts. It is a place where humans can enjoy nature and have positive interactions with farm animals. It is a reminder that their fate rests with us. Our choices, from what we eat to what we buy and our actions in between, shape their futures.
Giving Week Progress:
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $10,000
Programs Supported by Your Donations
Provides sanctuary to farm animals:
• abused, neglected, abandoned, or otherwise unwanted
• owner surrenders due to illness or death
• from other animal rescue organizations
Educates on the benefits of a healthy plant-based diet:
• Health Benefits, decreased risk of heart disease & type 2 diabetes
• Environmental Benefits, reduced GHGEs, reduced ecological footprint
• Humane Benefits, living beings—not products
Facilitates positive healing relationships with farm animals:
• Animal-Assisted Therapy--PTSD, Addiction, Behavioral issues, Autism spectrum disorders, Depression/Anxiety
• All Paws Matter Fundraiser Participant
• Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County Resource
• Member of the Nonprofit Partnership Erie, PA
• Humane Society Resource
Needs that Cannot beMet without Your Help
We desperately need electricity at the Sanctuary.
As the Sanctuary has grown, it has become more difficult caring for our critters without electric. It also limits the fundraising we can do onsite. The last estimate we received to install electric was for $20,000.
All Giving Week donations will go in full or in part to obtaining electricity at the farm before this coming winter.
Since fundraising options have been limited over the past year due to Covid, we are still far from our goal.