FRIENDS OF STULL NATURE RESERVE
SERVING THE SHENANGO VALLEY
AMOUNT DONATED: $1,094.24
Repeated, meaningful experiences in nature develop a sense of connection and community. At Stull Nature Reserve, our mission is to preserve, protect, and celebrate the biodiversity and natural beauty of the unique ecosystems the park showcases.
The City of Hermitage is dedicated to maintaining a sanctuary where native flora and fauna thrive, ensuring the conservation of critical habitats and ecological balance. Stull Nature Reserve will be a place for you to encounter a vibrant and thriving environment, enjoy passive recreation and educational programs, and have those repeated, meaningful experiences in nature that foster a connection to the environment and community.
Giving Week Progress:
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $10,000
Programs Supported by Your Donations
1. Park Maintenance and Beautification: Your contribution will help us create and maintain trails, parking and picnic areas, and the memorial garden, ensuring a pleasant experience for everyone.
2. Environmental Education Programs: We believe in educating the next generation about the importance of environmental stewardship. Your support will enable us to develop and implement educational programs and workshops that instill a love for nature and promote sustainable practices among children and families.
3. Conservation and Habitat Restoration: Our park is home to a diverse array of plant and animal species. With your donation, we can fund crucial conservation projects that protect and restore these natural habitats, ensuring the long-term sustainability of our local ecosystem.
4. Sustainable Resource Management: We are committed to implementing sustainable practices within Stull Nature Reserve, minimizing our ecological footprint and setting an example for others. Your contribution will help us invest in renewable energy sources, eco-friendly infrastructure, and efficient waste management systems, ensuring that our operations align with our conservation goals.
5. Accessibility Improvements: We are committed to making our park accessible to individuals with disabilities. By donating, you will help us invest in accessibility enhancements, such as wheelchair-accessible paths, and ramps.
Needs that Cannot beMet without Your Help
The challenges presented by the pandemic made organizing fundraising events most difficult, while city staff were tasked to address matters unique to the public health emergency. As a result, the development of the Stull Nature Reserve was delayed, but has now resumed in earnest. A group of volunteers is eager to help build out the reserve and the opportunity to raise needed funds through a Giving Week opportunity will kickstart this effort. We are excited to share the beauty and wonder of this unique local asset with the people of our community.